Much like suspension bridges, tree top walks are a great way to get close to nature and see the world from a new perspective.
The series of bridges that make up these tree top walks are usually suspended high in the trees and have lookout points along the way so you can stop on a secure platform and take in your surroundings.
Here are 10 amazing treetop walks from around the world:
1. The Danum Valley canopy walk in Borneo, Malaysia uses tree friendly engineering that allows the platforms to be adjusted as the tree grows and keeps cables out of the trees.
2. Walk through the canopy of the Valley of the Giants at the Tree Top Walk in Denmark, Western Australia.
3. The Iwokrama Canopy Walkway in central Guyana offers nine activities to make your tree top walk even more exciting.
4. Designed by Marks Barfield Architects, the 18-metre high, 200-metre Kew Treetop Walkway takes you through the Royal Botanic Gardens in Kew, England.
5. Walk from Douglas fir to Douglas fir across a series of seven mini suspension bridges at the Capilano Treetop Adventure in Vancouver, BC.
6. Walk through a canopy of flowering and fruiting trees surrounded by hanging vines at The Treetops Walk at O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat in Queensland, Australia.
7. Take a “Walk in the Treetops” at Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana.
8. Spend the day walking through the trees and test your nerves on rope stations through the Lipno Treetop Walkway in the Czech Republic.
9. Walk through the tree tops of the 130 year old birch forest at Egeskov Castle in Denmark.
10. Walk through the Cedar, Hemlock and Fir trees on the TreeTrek Tour in Whistler, Canada.
Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
WALKIES ANYONE? 😀
Reblogged this on ravenhawks' magazine and commented:
Amazing and breath taking
Reblogged this on TheKingsKidChronicles and commented:
Been away for a while spending time with grandkids. Internet takes a backseat to family only seen during spring and summer. Got behind looking at photos from alk3r.wordpress.com. Still, incredible shots of swinging bridges in treetops around the world.
I would be so on board for these walks if I weren’t afraid of bridges. The views I bet are spectacular from up high.
Reblogged this on HELP OTHERS DAILY FOR FREE and commented:
Wow, just awesome! I love trees and you couldn’t get any closer than that! Let us preserve the rainforests and take responsiblity for protecting our Mother Earth for future generations!