Copenhagen-based artist Johan Deckmann examines the complications of life through clever titles painted on the covers of fictional self-help books that appear to tackle life’s biggest questions, fears, and absurdities. Continue reading
In a quite corner of the Elmwood Cemetery, Memphis oldest active, is the grave of 21 year old woman who died after childbirth on February 1, 1876. The tombstone on her grave read: Continue reading
1. It gives you a free mini physical examination.
Before donating blood, your hemoglobin level will be tested. If it is low, then you will not be allowed to donate blood. Besides hemoglobin, your blood pressure level and body weight will also be checked. In addition, your blood will also be examined for detecting the presence of five diseases, namely, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, Syphilis, HIV/AIDS and malaria. If you are not suffering from these diseases, only then you will be allowed to donate your blood.
2. Chances of heart disease and stokes are about 30% lesser in men who donate blood regularly.
3. Reduces blood pressure.
4. Iron overloading is also thought to increase the risk of heart diseases. Besides, iron oxidizes cholesterol, which is harmful for the arteries. Hemochromatosis is a genetic disease characterized by excess accumulation of iron in the tissues due to improper metabolism. The disease can cause damage to many organs like pancreas, adrenal glands, etc. It may also cause diabetes, liver diseases and heart diseases. So, donating blood on a regular basis would help you to regulate the level of iron in your body. Studies have shown that donating blood regularly can be beneficial for the heart and circulatory system and can reduce the risk of heart diseases, especially among young people.
5. Production of new red blood cells enhanced. Bone marrow is activated.
6. Burns calories: one unit of blood donation causes burning of about 650 calories.
7. Feeling of Euphoria – well being.
8. Reduces Risk of Cancer.
9. A unit of blood donated by you can benefit three persons. Blood can be seperated into RBC, PLASMA and PLATELETS. All of them are life saving.THATS WHY BLOOD DONATION IS ALSO CALLED RAKTDAAN MAHADAAN